REQUEST FOR BIDS (RFB)
Reference Number: SADC/11/7/2
Request for Bids Title: design and printing of gender based violence study documents
Number of Lots: 1
SADC Secretariat is inviting your company to submit a bid for design and printing of gender based violence study documents
Specifications for Designing and Printing
Title: SADC Comprehensive Gender Based Violence Study 2018 (in 3 Languages)
Delivery date: 8th November 2019
Requirement: One supplier to quote for both design and printing. All the 3 documents to have the same cover design, but different colour themes according to the 3 SADC colour scheme.
26cm (H) x 19cm (W)
A sample is available for viewing at the SADC office, CBD.
Number of pages
ENGLISH: 85 pages inclu. cover (A4, Arial, Font size12)
FRENCH: 95 pages inclu. cover (A4, Arial, Font size12) PORTUGUESE: 105 pages inclu. cover (A4, Calibri, Font size12)
13pt Matte Cover Coated
Inside pages paper
80lb Gloss text/ 32lb bond
Cover pages colour
Inside pages colour
Saddle stitch binding
ENGLISH - 1,500
FRENCH - 250
PORTUGUESE - 250
Total = 2,000 copies
1. Bidders are being requested to quote for ALL items in order to be considered responsive.
3. Your bid should be submitted in a sealed envelope, and addressed to;
Provision of design and printing of gender based violence study documents
to SADC Secretariat
Head – Procurement unit
Plot 54385 CBD
moreover, be dropped in the Tender Box situated at the reception of the above address.
Each Bid must be registered in the Bid depositing Register that is located at the Reception.
4. The deadline for submission of your quotation, to the address indicated in Paragraph 3 is: Tuesday , 28th January 2020, 14:30 Hours
Late Bids will be rejected.
Bids will be opened immediately after closing.
5. Bids by Fax or E-mail are not acceptable.
6. Your bids should be submitted as per the following instructions;
(i) PRICES: The prices should be quoted in the local currency, including all duties attached to the sale of the goods (such as VAT, customs duties, etc.) and transport to the final destination, which is SADC Secretariat Headquarters, Gaborone, Botswana.
(ii) SUBMISSION OF MANDATORY DOCUMENTS: Bids should be accompanied by the following documents: valid copies of Certificate of Incorporation, Trading Licence, Tax Clearance, PPADB Certificate, Banking Details and VAT certificates.
Bidders should provide minimum of 3 references where similar services has been provided.
(iii) EVALUATION AND AWARD OF PURCHASE ORDER: Bids determined to be administrative (see Paragraph 2,3,4,5 and 6) and technically compliant to the requirements will be evaluated by comparison of their prices per lot (defined as above). The award will be made to the bidder offering an administratively and technically compliant quotation at the lowest total price for each lot separately.
(iv) VALIDITY OF THE OFFER: Your bids should be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of deadline for submission of bids indicated in Paragraph 4 above.
7. The goods are expected to be delivered at the address indicated below within a maximum period of 21 daysfrom the signature of the Purchase Order. Specific delivery period must be indicated for each lot and this is very critical.
8. Additional information and clarifications can be requested in writing, no later than 2 working days prior to deadline indicated in the paragraph 4 above, from:
Procuring entity: SADC Secretariat
Contact person: Mr Themba Lengoasa
Telephone: +267 3951863
Fax: +267 3972848
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
ANNEX 1: Technical Specifications
Name: Themba Lengoasa
Title: Procurement Officer
Hyperlinks to Related Project Dossiers:
Final RFB GBV promotional materials.doc
Final RFB GBV promotional materials (002).pdf