Date Published: 17-Oct-2020 Deadline of Submitting EOI: 23-Oct-2020 11:59 PM Manila local time
Consultant Type: Individual
Selection Method: Individual Consultant Selection (ICS)
Technical Proposal: Not Applicable
Selection Title: Creative Design for Partner Outreach (National)
Total Inputs: 200 Working Days
Open to non-Member Countries: No:
Possibility of contract extension: Yes
Country of assignment: Philippines
Country of eligibility for national consultants: Same as country of assignment
COVID-19 Related Assignment No
Project Officer: Maria Christina S. Duenas
Designation: Senior Partnerships Officer Asian Development Bank
Typed | Publication Date | Published By | Duration of Advertisement | Deadline
Original | 17-Oct-2020 | Erwin V. Salaveria | 7 DAYS | 23-Oct-2020 |
CSRN Additional Information / Attachments:
Terms of Reference (Individual Consultant)
Expertise: visual and creative design
Expertise Group: External Affairs & Communications
Consultant Source: National
TOR Keywords: partnerships, communications, creative design, collaterals, wireframes, branding
Objective and Purpose of the Assignment
Strong partnerships are at the core of the Asian Development Bank's (ADB) Strategy 2030 to achieve a
prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific.
Through its work with partners, ADB can mobilize additional financial and technical resources for its
support for its developing member countries (DMCs). Partnerships can also help improve coordination and
reduce fragmentation of the support provided to DMCs. Finally, partnerships can help deliver outcomes
that would not have been possible if either the ADB or the partner had operated in isolation.
The responsibility of establishing and nurturing relationships with financing partners at the
institutional level falls on the shoulders of the Strategic Partnerships Division (SPSP) of the
Strategy, Policy and Partnerships Department. This means, among many others,
• deepening understanding of partners and their priorities;
• ensuring the smooth flow of information from ADB to the partners and vice-versa;
• engaging partners in strategic discussions and designing interventions for DMCs that align with ADB's
and the partners' priorities.
• promoting the results of financing partners to a) encourage traditional and new partners to engage
more with ADB and b) showcase the good that the partnerships are doing at household, county, or country
• tapping the partners' knowledge and expertise to improve the partnerships.
Within the bank, SPSP also has the responsibility to
• improve staff's understanding of financing partnerships.
• seek opportunities for financing partnerships; and
• support regional and knowledge support departments in reaching out to financing partners as needed;
Communications play an important role in performing these functions. This engagement aims to provide
communications support to SPSP as it performs the above tasks. A national consultant experienced in
designing and implementing communications campaigns will be engaged on an intermittent basis.
Scope of Work
The assignment is for a period 200 days spread over of 15 months. The consultant will be responsible for
helping improve SPSP's communications with partners, thereby strengthening the latter's relationship
management functions. Specifically, the consultant will do the following:
1. Work with SPSP's marketing specialist to design a branding approach for SPSP's partner outreach work--
complete with templates, color palettes, and branding elements as needed-- and create the digital assets
that reflect this branding strategy.
2. Customize/convert SPSP branding approach into distinct digital and print designs suitable to the
specific outreach/communication project being implemented. Create mock-ups and wireframes for websites,
dashboards for databases, presentation templates, artwork design for print and digital collateral, and
more as needed. Conduct quality control over the different digital and print communication materials to
be produced for partner outreach, ensuring that all abide by DOC's visual identity.
3. When working on specific communication campaigns for specific partners, clearly articulate into
design strategies and digital assets the views of SPSP partner focals who are most familiar with the
partners. Pitch the design studies to SPSP partner focals and other clients--e.g., SDPF, the financing
partnership facilities, trust funds, etc.--and incorporate their feedback into the final versions of the
4. Transform sovereign and nonsovereign cofinancing data to be used in partner outreach into creative
and intuitively understandable digital content using Tableau, Power BI, Figma, or other software for
data visualization. In addition, constantly search for, and evaluate data visualization softwares to
ensure that cofinancing data is made easily understandable to target audiences.
5. For the Partnership Report 2020, undertake research on better ways of presenting content, propose
design studies for the look and feel of the new report, create mock ups of the microsite design, create
the digital assets that will be used for the report, and review the execution of the design.
6. Work with the rest of the SPSP communications team to periodically assess how the SPSP partner
outreach materials are being received by the target audiences and, based on this assessment, suggest
design adjustments as necessary.
7. Support the regular creation of fresh materials to be used for the partner and general communication
8. Create and manage a database of SPSP's digital assets, e.g., photos, videos, maps, infographics, etc.
9. Keep abreast of latest tools/applications/techniques on digital design and, as applicable, use them
for partner communication campaigns.
10. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Detailed Tasks and/or Expected Output
• Partner outreach branding approach/ guidelines
• Customized creative print and digital designs for specific communication campaigns
• Data visualizations
• Communication collaterals
• Design guides and digital assets for Partnership Report 2020
• Database of digital assets
Minimum Qualification Requirements
At least 5-7 years of professional experience in creative design, specializing on print and digital
2. Expertise in desktop publishing and multimedia software used by ADB, e.g., InDesign
3. Expertise in data visualization softwares
3. Familiarity with ADB cofinancing environment, sectors and themes, and project cycle.
4. Ability to work in an inclusive and diverse environment.
Minimum General Experience: 7 Years
Minimum Specific Experience (relevant to assignment): 5 Years
Regional/Country Experience: Not Required
Details Name Type Estimated Submission Date
partner outreach branding approach/guidelines Others 31-Dec-2021
data visualizations Others 31-Dec-2021
partner communication campaign materials Others 31-Dec-2021
Partnership Report 2020 design guides Others 31-Dec-2021
database of digital assets Others 31-Dec-2021
Schedule and Places of Assignment (chronological and inclusive of travel)
Max. Working Days/Week
Home Office 5
City and Country Working Days Estimated Start Date Estimated End Date Other Details (use if place selected is Others)
Manila, Philippines 40 15-Oct-2020 31-Dec-2020
Manila, Philippines 160 01-Jan-2021 31-Dec-2021
Cost Items Amount in USD
Remuneration and Other Expenses
All activities and inputs in the TOR but not limited to remuneration, per diem, air travel, miscellaneous travel expenses, report preparation, production, and transmission, land transportation, communications, etc. 34,369