Evaluation of the Flanders/UNESCO Trust Fund for the support of UNESCO’s activities in the field of heritage
Request for proposal
Beneficiary country(ies): Belgium
Published on: 09-Apr-2020
Deadline on: 03-May-2020 23:59 (GMT 2.00) Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris
The United Nations Educational, Science and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) hereby invites qualified companies/individuals to submit proposals to conduct an Evaluation of the Flanders/UNESCO Trust Fund for the support of UNESCO’s activities in the field of heritage.
The time schedule for the evaluation is planned between June 2020 and October 2020.
The recommended composition of the evaluation team will be of at least two senior consultants. The evaluation team should collectively demonstrate experience in the key thematic areas to be covered by the evaluation (cultural and natural heritage, intangible heritage and underwater cultural heritage). Collaboration with local experts shall be envisaged as much as possible for the data collection in particular regarding the field work.
The consultants should possess the following mandatory qualifications and experience:
• An advanced university degree in one or more of the relevant fields related to the evaluation;
• At least 10 years of professional experience in designing and leading programme and policy in one or more of the thematic fields related to the evaluation;
• Excellent oral communication and writing skills in English;
• Excellent analytical skills and skills in producing succinct, clear materials;
• No previous involvement in the design and /or implementation of activities under review.
Moreover, it is desirable that the evaluation team demonstrates the following qualifications and characteristics:
• Working knowledge of French;
• Knowledge of the UN system and in particular of UNESCO’s programmes in the fields of Culture;
• Experience with assignments for the UN;
• Understanding and application of UN mandates in Human Rights and Gender Equality;
• Experience in designing and conducting of programme and policy evaluations in one or several of the fields covered by this evaluation.
Preference will be given to evaluation teams that are gender-balanced and of geographically and culturally diverse backgrounds.
Verification of these qualifications will be based on the provided CVs. Moreover, references, web links or electronic copies of two recently completed assignments should be provided (preferably evaluations in relation to programmes in the field of culture).
The purpose of this notice is to provide general information on the requirements for the procurement process and to inform interested suppliers how to obtain a copy of the Solicitation Documents.
Interested individuals / companies who wish to participate in the OIC must request for a complete set of Solicitation Documents, available free of charge, from the UNESCO contact at the address shown below.
Your electronic offer, comprising a technical and financial proposal attached in two separate files, shall be sent to email@example.com no later than 3 May 2020 at 23:59 hours (CET), in strict compliance with the instructions as stipulated in the Solicitation Documents.
UNESCO reserves the right to amend the documents at any time during the solicitation process. Any amendments or clarifications will be communicated directly to all bidders who have requested for a complete set of solicitation documents and officially confirmed their intention to submit a sealed tender. No remuneration will be made to companies for preparation and submission of their tenders.
UNESCO Contact Information:
UNESCO - Culture sector - Executive Office
Hyperlinks to Related Project Dossiers: