EBSF - EBRD Shareholder Special Fund
Invitation for expressions of interest (CSU)
28 Dec 2018 at 23:59 London
In 2006, The Turkish government commenced a large scale hospital facilities management PPP programme (the “Programme”) to deliver 29 new hospitals using a PPP approach with a goal of modernising its existing hospital infrastructure to bring it up to international standards and improving the efficiency of the Turkish healthcare system.
Under this model, the corresponding hospital infrastructure will be constructed, managed and maintained by private concessionaires under facilities management PPPs, while clinical services will remain the responsibility of Turkey’s Ministry of Health (“MoH”).
Each project under the Programme is carried out by a special purpose vehicle (“SPV” or the “Project Company”), owned by the relevant project sponsors. To date, MoH has successfully awarded 21 projects under the Programme with a total investment cost of EUR 11.3 billion; 15 of the 21 projects have successfully reached financial close representing total project costs of EUR 7.3 billion.
To date, the EBRD has committed EUR 653 million under the Framework to nine projects. Those nine projects are at different stages of implementation as of today.
The Bank is seeking to engage a consultant (the "Consultant") to assist the EBRD project team in strengthening its project implementation supervision capacity, in particular in the area of monitoring the technical process of projects during the construction period (five sub-projects of the Bank).
The overall objective of the Assignment is to support the Bank in its project management functions with a view to ensuring to the maximum extent possible the timely and effective implementation of the projects in line with the contract requirements. To this end, the Consultant will identify any key problems which may threaten implementation and advise the Bank on remedial measures so that corrective action can be taken, taking into account the project agreement and financial agreement structure under the hospital PPP scheme.
The role of the Consultant is to provide independent review and advice to the Bank in connection with the design, and construction, of the five healthcare PPP projects which are currently under the construction phase
The selected Consultant is expected to provide the following services:
1. Review all relevant project documents and due diligence reports on key technical aspects of the project based upon information and documents made available.
2. Review the LTA’s scope of work and propose revisions, if required.
3. Attend meetings onsite with the support of the LTA to ascertain detailed status of work;
4. In consultation with the EBRD, instigate and organise or attend regular meetings with the EPC Contractor to discuss over all progress of the construction works or call additional meetings where urgent discussions and decisions have to be taken with respect to project implementation and prepare meeting minutes.
5. Review, evaluate and comment on any relevant report and technical material prepared by the project parties including inter alia but not limited to (i) construction original baseline schedule, (ii) the Project Company’s planned schedule, (iii) updated schedules and modifications including change order requests, (iv) LTA monthly construction reports and exhibits for the evaluation and communication of schedule delays, costs and remaining as-planned work.
6. Assess the durations of construction tasks, procurement of equipment, any construction acceleration plan (if applicable) including variances between planned and impacted schedule.
7. Review the LTA’s construction progress report to analyse the actual progress versus the original plan and confirm whether or not milestones and deadlines are likely to be kept / achieved.
8. Provide ongoing schedule review and evaluation support to the Bank through project completion via regularly scheduled monthly site visits and conduct site inspections as necessary.
9. Assess Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) management practice for the construction activities and if any shortcomings propose remediation to assure no-tolerance to construction worker OH accident
10. Liaise directly with the LTA, EPC Contractor and the Project Company in all construction related activities that might have an impact in the successful completion of the works on time and on budget.
11. Assess and participate in the commissioning process of the hospitals and attending the tests together with the supervisor of works and/or the independent technical certifier.
12. Assess the impact in the projects of any changes, extra work and /or delays in order to determine the impacts to the project schedule (if applicable) and opine in the responsibility.
13. Attend meetings with the Bank on an as-needed basis, make presentations and participate in roundtable discussions, if required.
14. Alert the Bank of any emerging problems of a contractual, technical, or financial nature, which have the potential to jeopardise the achievement of the project objectives and advise the Bank and project parties on timely appropriate corrective action.
Full Terms of Reference of the Assignment can be found here:
Consultant Selection Procedure: Single stage open competitive selection. Interested firms or groups of firms are invited to submit a Technical and Financial Proposal.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The Assignment is expected to start in Q1 2019 and has an estimated overall duration of 12 months.
Cost Estimate for the Assignment: EUR 100,000 (exclusive of VAT).
Funding Source: It is anticipated that the contract will be financed by the EBRD Shareholder Special Fund.
Eligibility: There are no eligibility restrictions based on the consultant's country of origin.
Consultant Profile: Corporate services are required. The Consultant will be a firm or a group of firms preferably with an extensive professional experience in Turkey and/or at international level in the relevant field of civil engineering/building construction and in working in complex environments and large buildings and/or civil works. Experience on providing advice and reporting to commercial and/or IFI lenders is also required since the advisor will report progress compared to the finance documents and relevant technical annexes signed before the start of construction.
The Consultant's expert team is expected to include the following key experts (the 'Key Experts'):
· Project Manager with strong track record and preferably 10 years of relevant professional experience in infrastructure project preparation and management, including preferably at least 5 years in managing large complex buildings in similar environments.
· Civil Engineer(s) with preferably 8 years practical working experience in civil works (including detailed design and supervision) in national / international company/organization - experience in civil construction work in the health sector will be treated as an advantage-
· Electrical/Mechanical Engineer(s) with preferably 8 years of relevant professional experience in electrical/mechanical engineering including consultancy and building supervision.
Submission Requirements: The consultants are now invited to submit a completed Technical and Financial Proposal as per the standard templates and instructions available at this link http://www.ebrd.com/documents/procurement/single-stage-package.docx Interested Consultants should make themselves familiar with these Standard Templates, Standard Instructions and Conditions of Contract in preparation of their proposals.
1. The Technical Proposal shall be submitted in English electronically via eSelection not later than the Closing Date, as one single PDF file. The technical proposal should not exceed 10 pages excluding the Declaration Form and CVs (Form 1- TP 1 and Form 1 – TP 6).
2. The Financial Proposal (Form 2 – FP 1 and FP2) shall be submitted in English separately by email only to the Bank Contact Person. Consultants are reminded of the requirement to ensure the confidentiality of the Financial Proposals.
A Technical Proposal that contains elements of a financial proposal shall be declared non-responsive.
A Financial proposal submitted together with the technical proposals via e Selection shall be declared non-responsive.
Bank Contact Person:
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
One Exchange Square
London EC2A 2JN
For the avoidance of doubt, technical proposals should be sent through eSelection and NOT to this email address. Financial proposals should be sent to this email address and NOT through eSelection.
Deadline to Submit Clarification Questions: Via e-mail to the Bank Contact Person not later than two weeks before the Closing Date.
Selection Method and Evaluation Criteria:
1. Technical Proposal Evaluation Criteria
(a) Consultant's previous project experience in similar assignments of comparable nature and scope, preferably within the last 7 years (40%)
(b) Quality of the methodology proposed for the Assignment (20 %)
(c) CVs of the Key Experts (40 %).
The minimum technical score (St) required to pass is 70.
2. Opening of Financial Proposals
After the technical evaluation is completed, only the submissions which score 70 or above of the total marks available for the technical criteria will be eligible to have their financial proposals opened.
3. Combined Technical and Financial Evaluation
The lowest evaluated Financial Proposal (Fm) is given the maximum financial score (Sf) of 100. The formula for determining the financial scores (Sf) of all other Proposals is calculated as follows:
Sf = 100 x Fm/ F, in which “Sf” is the financial score, “Fm” is the lowest evaluated Financial Proposal, and “F” the price of the Proposal under consideration.
Proposals are then ranked according to their combined technical (St) and financial (Sf) scores using the weights (T = 80; F = 20) T + F = 100 as follows: S = St x T% + Sf x F%.
1. The proposal validity period is 120 days from the deadline date for the receipt of submissions. During this period, the Consultant shall maintain its original Proposal without any change, including the availability of the Experts, the proposed rates and the total price.
2. The selection will be made from the Proposals received in response to this notification only, on the basis of the submission requirements and selection criteria set out in this Procurement Notice. The highest-ranked Consultant will be selected and invited to negotiate the contract, subject to availability of funding.
3. Any updates of and clarifications on this procurement notice shall be announced as updates on this notice, without any other notification. In the event of changes consultants will need to download the updated versions. Consultants are required to periodically check the notice for updates. Failure to take the updates into account while preparing the Proposal may result in disqualification or penalties to the scores in the evaluation.
Hyperlinks to Related Project Dossiers: