Loan No.and Title:
50059-NEP: SASEC Power Transmission and Distribution System Strengthening Project
Contract No. and Title:
PMD/PTDSSP/KVWDSEP - 075/76-01: Design, Supply, Installation and Commissioning of Underground Distribution Network under Kirtipur, Kuleshwor, Baneshwor, Balaju and Jorparti Distribution Center including Reinforcement and Automation
Deadline for Submission of Bids:
11 July 2019; 12:00 hours (Nepal Standard Time)
1. The Government of Nepal has applied for financing from Asian Development Bank (ADB) toward the cost of Power Transmission and Distribution System Strengthening Project. Part of the loan will be used for payments under the contract named above. Bidding is open to Bidders from eligible source countries of ADB.
2. The Nepal Electricity Authority (“the Employer”) invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for the Design, Supply, Installation and Commissioning of Underground Distribution Network under Kirtipur, Kuleshwor, Baneshwor, Balaju and Jorpati Distribution Center including Reinforcement and Automation.
3. Open Competitive Bidding - International will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-Stage: Two-Envelope procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible source countries as described in the Bidding Document.
4. Only eligible Bidders with the following key qualifications may participate in this bidding:
• Minimum average annual turnover of US$ 37.9 Million in last three (3) years.
• Successfully or substantially completed at least one (1) contract within the last seven (7) years and that is similar to the proposed contract, where the value of the Bidder’s participation exceeds US$ 32.5 million.
The qualification criteria are more completely described in the Bidding Documents.
5. To obtain further information and inspect the Bidding Document, Bidders should contact starting on 21 May 2019:
Kathmandu Valley West Distribution System Enhancement Project
Power Transmission and Distribution System Strengthening Project
Project Management Directorate
NEA Training Centre Complex, Kharipati,
Electronic mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. To purchase the Bidding Document, eligible Bidders should:
• write to address above requesting the Bidding Documents for PMD/PTDSSP/KVWDSEP - 075/76-01: Design, Supply, Installation and Commissioning of Underground Distribution Network under Kirtipur, Kuleshwor, Baneshwor, Balaju and Jorpati Distribution Center including Reinforcement and Automation
• pay a non-refundable fee of NRs. 20,000.00 (incl. VAT) or an equivalent amount in US$ by bank voucher to the Account No. 00101500014600000104 (NEA-PROJECT MANAGEMENT DIRECTORATE) at the NMB Bank Limited, Babarmahal, Kathmandu, Nepal
If the Bidder is purchasing the Bidding Document through their local representative, the authorization letter shall be provided with the application clearly mentioning the identity and status of the person/firm.
7. Deliver your bid:
• to the address above
• on or before the deadline: 11 July 2019, 12:00 Hours (Nepal Standard Time)
• together with a Bid Security with amount indicated in Bidding Document Section 2 Bid data Sheet, Clause ITB 21.1.
Technical Bids will be opened at the Project Manager’s Office on 11 July 2019 at 12:30 hours (Nepal Standard Time) in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend, whereas the Financial Bids shall remain sealed and unopened and shall be placed locked. The Financial Bids of only Technically Responsive and Qualified Bidders shall be opened after technical bids evaluation, whereas, the financial bids of those bidders whose technical bids are not responsive and qualified shall be returned unopened after the contract is awarded.
8. When comparing Bids, ADB’s Domestic Preference Scheme will be applied in accordance with the provisions stipulated in the Bidding Document.
Hyperlinks to Related Project Dossiers: