Date Published: 21-May-2019 Deadline of Submitting EOI: 27-May-2019 11:59 PM Manila local time
Consultant Type Individual
Selection Method Individual Consultants Selection (ICS)
Technical Proposal Not Applicable
Selection Title Capacity Building for Project Design, Implementation and Evaluation
Package Name Project Analyst for Project Development Facility
Advance Action No
Engagement Period 12 MONTH
Consulting Services Budget USD 81,000
Budget Type Estimated
Approval Number 9635
Approval Date 06-Nov-2018
Estimated Short-listing Date 27-May-2019
Estimated Commencement Date 10-Jun-2019
Open to non-Member Countries No
Possibility of contract extension Not known
Possibility of consideration for downstream assignment Not known
Indefinite Delivery Contract (IDC) No
Country of assignment India
Country of eligibility for national consultants Same as country of assignment
Project Officer Vikram Annamraju
Designation Senior Project Officer (Social Sector)
Asian Development Bank
Primary Agency Country Agency Role Contact Person
Department of Economic Affairs India Executing Agency Rishikesh Singh
Cost Items Amount in USD
Remuneration and Other Expenses
All activities and inputs in the TOR but not limited to remuneration, per diem, air travel, miscellaneous travel expenses, report preparation, production, and transmission, land transportation, communications, etc. 80,779
Terms of Reference
Expertise Project Development Engineer
Expertise Group Project Management/ Institutional Development
Objective and Purpose of the Assignment To provide support to the INRM Project Development Unit to efficiently and effectively handle project
development activities and portfolio management of assigned projects in the Northeastern Region (NER).
Scope of Work The Consultant will be responsible for assisting the Project Development Unit in the processing of
Technical Assistance and Project Readiness Financing (PRF) and managing the implementation of ensuing
TAs/PRFs in the states in NER. In consultation with relevant ADB staff, the consultant will provide
support to Project Development in States in NER in consulting services, procurement and project
management. Support the designated ADB staff in project management by monitoring procurement of
services, outcome of consulting packages and timely utilization of PRF/TA funds for the assigned
projects. Updates project data and prepare various status reports, as required by the Management.
Contribute in preparation of Project documents by consolidating data and information for main documents,
appendixes, drafting project description and scope, project cost and financing plan, procurement plan,
selection procedures and terms of reference for the consulting services and DMF, and any other task
related to project.
Detailed Tasks and/or Expected Output Procurement and Consultant Services –
• Assist in updating the Consultant Recruitment Activity Monitoring System and the Procurement Contract
Monitoring System to support monitoring of the progress of consultant recruitment and procurement.
• Assists designated staff in recruiting consultants (individual firm), preparing shortlists and
request for proposals, evaluation of proposals, contract negotiations, and contract signing.
• Review of procurement documents, bid documents, bid evaluation reports, contract awards-related
documents/reports, prepare necessary internal approval forms (electronic approval form), assists in
drafting any other procurement related document, and correspondences as required.
Project Performance Monitoring
• Updates information and performance of assigned loan, grant and TA projects quarterly or as
necessary, including project description and scope, status of implementation, developments, major
problems, and actions taken/proposed.
• Participates in the portfolio review meetings, as required.
• Support designated ADB staff in project performance monitoring, consultant monitoring by ensuring
that relevant project administration implementation, staff instruction, loan condition as required.
• Support the designated ADB staff in implementation of TAs, monitoring the submission and checking of
claim submitted by the TA consultant, and assist in timely closure of TAs, whenever required.
Project Start-up Support
• Review of documentation done by EA staff & the PRF/TA consultants and advise on improvements
required, if any. Review the implementation structure and advise improvements, if any.
• Prepare document files and participates in missions as per the advice of the designated national
staff, facilitates discussions during mission and assists in preparing mission documentation. Update
status of compliance to time bound action plan of previous mission. Update status of compliance to loan
covenants and necessary documentation; and assist in preparation of Aide Memoire.
• Follows up with executing agencies to expedite procurement/contract awards.
• Closely follow up with the executing agencies on submission of disbursement claim to achieve the
targeted financial projection
• Follow up with executing agencies on timely submission of project progress reports, audited financial
statements and audited project accounts.
• Monitors the implementation progress of PRF/TA projects by reviewing project files and the progress
reports submitted by executing agencies.
• Updates PRF performance reports and technical assistance performance reports.
• Other project administration tasks as and when advised by the designated ADB staff.
Minimum Qualification Requirements • A University degree engineering or any other related field; preferably at post-graduate level or its
• At least 10 years of relevant professional experience in project related activities
• Should be well conversant with the aspects of project development and project management.
Minimum General Experience 10
Minimum Specific Experience (relevant to assignment) 10
Regional/Country Experience Required
Schedule and Places of Assignment (chronological and inclusive of travel)
Schedule Type Continuous
Max. Working Days/Week Home Office 5
City and Country Working Days Estimated Start Date Estimated End Date Other Details (use if place selected is Others)
Home Office, Other 230 10-Jun-2019 10-Apr-2020
Other City, India 24 13-Apr-2020 09-May-2020 tbd
Hyperlinks to Related Project Dossiers: