Loan No. and Title:
3566-NEP: Regional Urban Development Project
Contract No. and Title:
RUDP/NCB/KC/05-SK/RD/02: Upgradation and Rehabilitation of Road, Drainage, Footpath and Road Furniture of Suklaphanta Municipality
Deadline for Submission of Bid:
14 June 2019, 12:00 hrs. (local time)
1. Government of Nepal (GoN) has received financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) toward the cost of Regional Urban Development Project. Part of this financing will be used for payments under the Contract named above. Bidding is open to Bidders from eligible source countries of ADB.
2. The Regional Project Implementation Unit (R-PIU) Dhangadi, Kailali (hereinafter referred to as the “Employer”) invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for the procurement of below contract. Construction period is 20 months from the date of signing the contract.
Upgradation and Rehabilitation of Road, Drainage, Footpath and Road Furniture of Suklaphanta Municipality
The major works under this contract are mentioned hereunder:
a) Earthwork in Excavation and Embankment
b) RCC Storm Drains/Side Drains/ RCC Pipe Drains
c) RCC Pipes in Cross Drainage Structures
d) Sub-base and Base Works
e) Asphalt Concrete Works
f) Foot Paths and Medians
g) Road Signs and markings
h) Utility relocations and new installations
i) Solar Street Lamps, and
j) Other miscellaneous works associated with Road Construction
3. National competitive bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-Stage: Two-Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible countries as described in the Bidding Document.
4. Only eligible Bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this bidding:
Minimum Average Annual Construction Turnover of last five (5) years
NRs 510 Million
Construction Experience of Similar Size and Nature (within last five (5) years)
NRs 285 Million
5. To obtain further information and inspect the Bidding Documents, Bidders should contact:
Regional Urban Development Project,
Regional Project Implementation Unit, Dhangadi, Kailali
Tel No: + 977- 91 521157,
Fax No: + 977-91 526467
6. To purchase the Bidding Documents in English, eligible Bidders should:
• write to address above requesting the Bidding Documents for Contract No. RUDP/NCB/KC/05-SK/RD/02 on or before 14 June 2019, 12:00 hrs. Nepal Standard Time (NST) and deposit a non-refundable fee of NRs 20,000 in local currency or USD 185.00 for the contract in the bank account mentioned below.
Name of the Bank : Rastriya Banijya Bank Ltd., Dhangadhi, Kailali
Name of the Office : RUDP, Regional Project Implementation Unit
Office Code No. : 347017702
Office Account No. : 1000200010000
Revenue Head No. : 14229
• Bidders who wish to receive the Bidding Document by airmail/courier shall have to pay an additional amount of NRs. 5,000.00 for delivery within Nepal or USD 135.00 for delivery outside Nepal for each set of Bidding Document. The method of payment will be through bank draft in the name of project. No liability will be accepted for the loss or late delivery of the document.
7. Bidders are requested to specify the total price of the bid in the letter of Price Bid or the Bid Price in the Summary of Bill of Quantities. Failure to specify the total price of Bid in the Letter of Price Bid or the Bid Price in the Summary of Bill of Quantities shall be ground for declaring the Bid nonresponsive.
8. A pre-bid meeting shall be held at 13:00 hrs. (NST) on 28 May 2019 at the address mentioned above.
9. Deliver your bid:
• to the address above
• on or before the deadline: 14 June 2019, 12:00 hrs. Nepal Standard Time (NST)
• together with a Bid Security as described in the Bidding Document (Section 2: Bid Data Sheet Clause ITB 19.1)
Technical Bids will be opened on 14 June 2019 at 12:30 hrs. (NST) in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend, whereas the Financial Bids shall remain sealed and unopened and shall be placed locked. The Financial Bids of only Technically Responsive and Qualified Bidders shall be opened after Technical Bid Evaluation, whereas, the Financial Bids of those Bidders whose Technical Bids are not responsive and qualified shall be returned unopened after the contract is awarded.
In case the day of final Bid submission falls on a public holiday, the final Bid Submission/opening date shall be the following working day.
10. The Employer will not be responsible for any cost or expense incurred by Bidders in connection with the preparation or delivery of Bids.
Hyperlinks to Related Project Dossiers: