(Tender Ref. No.: KRNL17-02 / KRNL18-01)
PROCUREMENT OF THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
UNDER JAPAN’S GRANT AID
FOR THE FOOD ASSISTANCE PROGRAMME
FOR THE FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF NEPAL
The Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal (hereinafter referred to as “the Recipient”) has received a grant from the Government of Japan according to the Exchange of Notes between the Governments on January 25, 2018 and November 19, 2018, concerning Japan’s Grant Aid for the Food Assistance Programme, aiming for contributing to promotion of the economic and social development of the Recipient.
Japan International Cooperation System (hereinafter referred to as “JICS”) acts as a procurement agent for and on behalf of the Recipient for the purchase of the product (hereinafter referred to as “the Product”) and services under this grant.
2. Scope of Supply
The scope of supply covered by this tender (hereinafter referred to as “the Supply”) consists of the supply and delivery of the Product to the final delivery sites in the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal.
3. Product to be procured
Rice stored in Japan by the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries of Japan
4. Eligible Tenderer
(1) Eligible tenderers are those who meet all of the following qualifications:
1) to be Japanese firms* who have acquired the Tender Documents from JICS
2) to have an experience of supply of material and equipment under Japan’s ODA project in recent 10 years
3) to satisfy the qualification requirement to participate in tendering procedures indicated in the attached form “QUALIFICATION TO PARTICIPATE IN TENDERING PROCEDURES”.
4) to have at least three (3) fiscal years’ business and be able to submit Financial Statements (balance sheets and profit and loss statement) for the latest three (3) fiscal years.
(2) Firms commissioned by the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries of Japan (jutaku jigyo tai) are excluded from the eligible tenderers.
(3) Neither joint venture nor consortium is allowed.
5. How to obtain Tender Documents
Firms or companies who are interested in supplying the Product and/or the Services should download the Form of Expression of Interest (hereinafter referred to as “EOI”) from JICS’s website and provide it to JICS by e-mail at email@example.com.
The deadline is on or before 17:00 Japan Standard Time (JST) on June 28, 2019.
- The Form of EOI should be downloaded from JICS’s website. The EOI should be in PDF format and attached to an e-mail message. The subject line of e -mail should be clearly marked as in the sample below: KRNL17-02 / KRNL18-01/EOI/(Name of firm or company)
- It is the firms or companies’ responsibilities to contact JICS by telephone or e-mail to confirm that JICS is in receipt of EOI.
- By sending one e-mail of EOI, firms or companies can receive one set of Tender Documents. If firms or companies are interested in multiple tenders, they should send respective e-mails of EOI according to their interest .
- JICS will send the Tender Documents including “Form of Tender” and “Technical Specifications” to only one e-mail address which the firm or company state s in the EOI.
- JICS will send the Tender Documents only one time and will not resend them once JICS has confirmed a firm/company’s receipt of the Tender Documents.
- JICS will send the Tender Documents after the deadline of EOI submission to firms or companies whose EOI is received on or before 17:00 (JST) of the deadline.
- The EOI received after 17:00 (JST) of the deadline will be declined and shall not be considered. Time of receipt of EOI is recorded by receiving mail server. JICS will send the Tender Documents on or before the next working day of the deadline.
- A file of EOI should be password-protected. Firms or companies should send a separate e -mail message to inform JICS of the password simultaneously when they send e-mail messages of EOI.
- Firms or companies should screen out viruses from a file of EOI and confirm that it is uninfected before sending it to JICS. JICS shall not be held responsible for any failure of receipt of e -mail message(s) of EOI resulting from such message(s) being virus infected regardless of whether it is by accident or intent.
- The purpose of use of personal information received by JICS through EOI is to send the Tender Documents and proceed with the following procedures related to the tender.
- JICS will not be responsible for any contamination caused by computer virus.
6. Tender opening
Tender opening will be held on July 19, 2019 (JST) at the headquarters of JICS.
7. Contact for obtaining Tender Documents
Japan International Cooperation System
Attention: Motoko Higashi (Ms.), Project Manager
Toshiyuki Omoto (Mr.), Assistant Project Manager
Second Management Department
5th floor, Harumi Center Bldg., 5-24, Harumi 2-Chome, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-0053, Japan
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Note: The term “Japanese firms” shall be defined as Japanese juridical persons controlled by Japanese physical persons, the majority of whose share is held by Japanese physical persons or Japanese juridical persons and the majority of whose board members are Japanese physical persons.
Hyperlinks to Related Project Dossiers: